Saturday, April 19, 2008

And in the beginning, God created...


Don't worry. I'm not exactly starting from the very beginning, just from Day One of Motherhood, which for me in particular, was October 6, 1995.

I'm doing this because my children are now 12 and 8 years old, and I don't have any real record of their remarkable cuteness. And given how fast the past twelve years have gone, I'm thinking I will be 95 and senile before I can, one more time, say, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN WE PLEASE WATCH SOMETHING OTHER THAN DRAKE & JOSH!"

So, time to start blogging. Right?

My baby boy, Chad, came into this world a mere 15 days overdue. Amazingly enough, I am thinking that maybe it was actually not his being late (since he is borderline OCD when it comes to being on time... okay, nothing borderline about it, more like a textbook case), but maybe it was more a matter of my being late yet again. Apparently I'm not only late to appointments but also to giving birth. Heh. Anyway.

My first big red flag should've been at the moment when they had not even quite lifted him out of my uterus and he was already screaming. A very good indicator of things to come, no? Did I shriek, "Put him back!!!" though? No. No, I did not. I just welcomed him into this crazy world with open arms. It had to have been the drugs...

No comments: