Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't know what you've got 'til it's gone


Just found an e-mail, and this accompanying photo, which I sent to a friend in 2004 to show off my weight loss. I had just lost 126 pounds in a year's time.

Here's what I'd written:
Because my top is blousing out in the back, I look heavier thru the middle than I actually am. My torso is actually my thinnest area, but it's hard to tell that here.

Yeah, hard to tell if you are blind. Or on crack.

I've since gained back forty of those pounds. Why is it we can't appreciate our size/looks/youth/etc. until they're gone?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just posted on my site about how a few years ago I lost 125 pounds and had gained back 45... then I ran across your site and saw that you'd lost 126 and had gained back 40. I know what you mean. I thought I was still fat at 155 pound. Now I'm 187 and WISH I was 155. Same with a lot of things. Maybe we don't appreciate what we have until it's gone because we don't think it will ever be gone.