Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I think I'll keep 'em


This morning, I had to take my poor husband to Urgent Care. His back suddenly has taken a turn for the worse, and he was barely able to get out of bed or walk. They gave him four different prescriptions and a shot of an anti-inflammatory drug, so he's sleeping now. Hopefully he will be able to return to work next week.

While we were gone, our kids (without being asked) did the following:

- Made our bed
- Wrapped up an ice pack in a towel, and left it on the bed for Joe
- Swept the kitchen floor
- Ran the dishwasher and wiped down the counters
- Vacuumed the entire house
- Cleaned a bathroom
- Washed all the rugs in the bathroom
- Washed all of the towels
- Put away laundry
- Dusted the family room and livingroom
- Brought the trash cans in from the street
- Lit all the candles so the house would be welcoming for us

And this isn't the first time they've surprised us like this.

Yep... they're keepers.

-

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade ya'! ;) Sarah whined like she was being tortured when I asked her to hang up her clothes!

Anonymous said...

Do you rent those children out to needy families?

Email me your number, and your rates. UmK? Thanks:)

Hope the hubby is on the road to recovery.

Frasypoo said...

How sweet.Kids do the most unexpected things.
I have stepkids who are teens and we dont see them often nowadays but they suprised dad by coming by tonight just to say hello!

Frasypoo said...

Hope hubby gets well and that you guys have a great new years

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Someone's raising 'em up right!

I hope your husband is on the mend soon--back pain is no picnic--I know from personal experience.

Busy Bee Suz said...

awesome. You know you did a good job when they do stuff like that.
Hope Joe is better soon...happy new year!

Unknown said...

Holy Canoli! What happened? They sound like gems! I hope your husbands back feels better soon. Back pain is the WORST! I hope you don't have to go to work tomorrow!

Jason, as himself said...

What?! That's fantastic! Let's hope they keep it up into the older teenage years!

Unknown said...

I linked you up to my friend Julie at the Roost. She was having a blog party of favorite memories from 2008 with your top ten pictures. I think you qualify : ).