Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I think I'll keep 'em
This morning, I had to take my poor husband to Urgent Care. His back suddenly has taken a turn for the worse, and he was barely able to get out of bed or walk. They gave him four different prescriptions and a shot of an anti-inflammatory drug, so he's sleeping now. Hopefully he will be able to return to work next week.
While we were gone, our kids (without being asked) did the following:
- Made our bed
- Wrapped up an ice pack in a towel, and left it on the bed for Joe
- Swept the kitchen floor
- Ran the dishwasher and wiped down the counters
- Vacuumed the entire house
- Cleaned a bathroom
- Washed all the rugs in the bathroom
- Washed all of the towels
- Put away laundry
- Dusted the family room and livingroom
- Brought the trash cans in from the street
- Lit all the candles so the house would be welcoming for us
And this isn't the first time they've surprised us like this.
Yep... they're keepers.