Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Please forgive us, Barstow



I'm sorry I haven't been around in so long. I've been working some long days, and even some weekends at home too, and frankly I am damn near brain dead whenever I'm not working... so, as a result, this blog has been put on the back burner. It's all I can do to get on Facebook to read what's going on in everyone's lives, post an update or two, a few thumbs-up, and some quick comments before shutting the computer down and calling it a day.

You haven't missed much as far as my life goes, though. Really. It goes pretty much like this: Work, work, work, work, Wal-mart, see some friends, Wal-mart again, work, work, work, work, work, clean the house, do umpteen loads of loaundry, run kids here, run kids there, go to cheerleading, go to baseball, rinse, hang to dry, repeat. Yeah, like that. You get the idea. Which, I'm guessing, is probably almost identical to your life, except not nearly as exciting. (What? Isn't the grass always greener? Or someone else's laundry cleaner? A-ha-ha!)

This weekend, Erin had a cheer competition in Barstow, CA. Barstow is on the way to Las Vegas, at least if you're coming from our direction. It's a remote desert town much like the one we live in.

As we were entering the parking lot at the high school where the competition was to take place, our family's conversation went something like this:

Chad: Wow. Their football field here really stinks!

Joe: Yeah. It's not the only thing that stinks. The whole town does!

Me: Oh, c'mon. It's not that bad. I think it's actually kinda cool here.

Joe: No, I mean literally. As soon as we got into town, the smell became overwhelming. You had to have smelled it! Geez, it was like something had died and was rotting.

Me: Um, honey? That rotting dead smell? Was your precious little girl's FEET. She was changing out of her boots and into her cheer shoes.

All of us: *Uncontrollable laughter*

We now refer to Erin's feet as "The Barstow Stink." And poor Barstow... it did nothing to deserve such a reference! It didn't stink at all! Well, not until a certain little girl rolled into town one cold November day, that is....

****


And that, my friends, is the post you've been waiting two months for. TA-DA! Stinky feet. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Stephenie Meyer? You ain't got nothin' on me. NOTHIN'.

***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love how you write. You are so funny : ) and clever. Sorry about her stinky feet! LOVE that. Well, love it from a distance. I am not such a big fan of stinky feet : )