Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fashion Faux-Paw?


Last week when my husband was going to Urgent Care for his back, it was a struggle for him to sit up or stand. He decided he'd just wear fleece lounge pants, a t-shirt, and a hoodie to the clinic. Changing into regular clothes was simply out of the question. He did insist, though, that he at least wear tennies rather than slippers. I helped get them on, but it was a real struggle.


I commented that he should probably get some Crocs for times like that--they'd be much easier to get on and off.


He says to me, "No way! Crocs on men are just wrong."


I told him I doubted anyone would even notice Crocs what with the polar bear fleece pants he was wearing.

6 comments:

Big Hair Envy said...

Bwahahaha! Sorry, I just hate Crocs:/ Get the poor man some Docksides or Topsiders....slip on shoes for the "manly" man:)

Your Cheez-Its comment made me laugh out loud in the office - AGAIN!!! I need to be more selective about the times I choose to read your comments!!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh that is rich. He has a stand against crocs while wearing polar bear pants. :)
Too funny.
I also LOATHE crocs. They are horrid to me. My kids and friends love them though....go figure.

Anonymous said...

He would just have no where to come back from if he went totally over the dress code line. He is adhering to the one fashion faux pas at a time rule.

Frasypoo said...

I' m sorry I hate crocs too!
But yeah,men have their prioritys all wrong!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yeah, I just don't do crocs.

Unknown said...

Hilarious : ).

I hate crocs. I mean really, really, REALLY hate them. I think they are SO ugly. I know everyone wears them and swears they are the greatest things, but seriously, they are ugly.

If you love them, don't hate me : ).

I am glad he is sticking to his guns. I've been praying for him! I am sorry he is in so much pain!