I'm sure you are, too. But I felt I should probably post an update.
We had everything ready for our big trip to L.A.: Time off (for me) from work, a temp to come in and take my place, my son's dad & stepmom lined up to watch both kids, notes written to teachers, schedules reorganized, people coming to feed our pets, bags packed, house cleaned (I can't come home to a messy house), friends who had gotten their home ready to have us--YOU NAME IT.
And then, like a cruel joke, an hour - ONE HOUR - before we were due to leave...
Ring, ring! Ring, ring!
I hear Joe sounding frustrated on the phone. Uh-oh. Please don't tell me surgery is put off. But why am I surprised? Really, this crap always happens to us. It's a running joke among our friends even. I've almost gotten to the point of laughing if it weren't so DAMNED FRUSTRATING.
So, guess what? The anesthesiologist decided that he wouldn't do the surgery if Joe didn't have a stress test first. Oh, and here in town, we can't have the type of non-treadmill stress test that he needs. Oh, heavens no -- that would be too convenient!! Instead, my poor baby has to endure a 4-hour round trip out of town to have it elsewhere. And the test itself is 3 hours long! He cannot sit up for 3 hours straight. I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but let's just say I'm not happy. Neither of us is. YES, I realize this might be life saving, and I'm of course grateful for that. But why didn't his cardiologist think of this when she ordered the blood work and the EKG? Isn't that her freaking JOB?!
So, no surgery date yet. Maybe next Friday, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath for anything anymore. Instead I just seem to be sighing a whole lot.