I really enjoy Suz's blog, and this post in particular gave me something to write about today: http://daybydaywithsuz.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-am-good-mother-yes-i-am.html. I have totally been at a loss lately when it comes to blogging, so I'm stealing this idea from her.
Here are the things I say the most... every, single (week)day:
- Have you brushed your teeth?
- You're already done brushing your teeth? That fast?
- Did you finish your homework? ALL of it?
- It's time for bed. NOW.
- Okay, it's now past your bedtime.
- Did you eat breakfast? That's ALL?
- Have you had any water today?
- Get dressed. Erin. GET DRESSED!!
- Focus, honey, FOCUS.
- Your room is an absolute pig sty! How can you live like this?
- Feed your dog.
- Am I the only one who remembers to give the dog water?
- How was your day?
- I love you.
- I sure missed you today.
- God bless you.
- I love you more!
I wonder what would happen if I nagged less? Would teeth EVER get brushed? (I can almost guarantee NO.) Would Erin go to school in her pajamas? Would the kids stay up until midnight? Would they eat junk food for every meal if I let them? Would the dog starve to death or die of thirst?
Today, for instance, I didn't remind Chad to take his frozen PB&J (pre-made... yes, I suck) sandwich out of the box in the freezer and put it into his lunch. Guess what he forgot today. Um, yeah. You guessed it.
As an aside: Is there a logical reason why my font size keeps changing? No matter how many TIMES I try to fix it? Am I that computer illiterate that I can't figure out even the simplest things? Please. Don't answer that. I think you & I both already know the answer.